Moderna collaborates with Thermo Fischer Scientific to ramp up its COVID – 19 vaccine production
Moderna Inc had entered into an agreement with Thermo Fischer Scientific on 1 June 2021. Moderna did this collaboration to scale up the manufacturing and packaging of Moderna’s COVID – 19 vaccine.
Moderna collaborates with Thermo Fischer Scientific: Per this agreement, Thermo Fischer will be involved in the fill/finish manufacturing services. It will also be responsible for supplying the packaging to hundreds of millions of vaccine doses. These activities will take place in Thermo Fischer’s commercial manufacturing site at Greenville, North Carolina.
The company also filed for the full US approval of its COVID – 19 vaccine for adults on 1 June 2021.
The drug firm also stated that it would work together with Pfizer and BioNtech SE to produce COVID – 19 vaccines in Italy. This was revealed in March 2021.
In April 2021, Moderna announced a deal to buy contract researcher PPD Inc. for about $17.4 billion. It claimed that it did the deal to add muscle to its pharmaceutical services business.
- Pharma News August 2021
- Monthly Update- pharma News July 2021
- Moderna collaborates with Thermo Fischer Scientific
- Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab: EUA in India
- JB Chemicals launches NOSMOK nicotine lozenges
- 2-DG: anti-COVID-19 by the INMAS
- GSK and Vir Biotechnology plan to launch Sotrovimab
- USFDA approves Gland Pharma’s Foscarnet
- Gilead delivers Amphotericin B to India
- Monthly Update- pharma News June 2021
- Zydus seeks DCGI’s approval for COVID-19 biological therapy
- Zydus and TLC to commercialize AmphoTLC in India
- Sun Pharma recalls Metformin tablets from the US market
- Pfizer – BioNTech pledge to supply 2 billion doses
- Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine update