- China’s NMPA approves AstraZeneca’s drug Tagrisso as adjuvant therapy for patients with early – stage lung cancer :
China’s health regulator has recently expanded the use of Tagrisso in patients with a type of lung cancer. This was announced on 14 April 2021. Tagrisso is a drug indicated for lung cancer treatment and is manufactured by AstraZeneca.
Read more about
The British pharma firm’s drug has been approved as adjuvant therapy for early–stage lung cancer patients. This has especially been permitted for use in those patients who have a mutation of the EGFR gene. The approval was given by China’s National Medical Products Administration ( NMPA ) 1.
This drug has been approved for use in more than a dozen countries for the same condition. It was recently approved in the United States for the treatment of early–stage lung cancer.
The Chinese approval was based on the positive results obtained from a large – stage clinical trial. In this trial, Tagrisso reduced the risk of disease recurrence or death by around 83 %.
Other inhibitors that belong to the older generation include Tarceva by Roche and Iressa by AstraZeneca. Around a quarter of global lung cancer cases have been associated with EGFR mutation.
- 1. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor
- 2. NMPA- China’s National Medical Products Administration
- Pharma News – 23.01.2023 to 29.01.2023
- Lupin issues nationwide recall of Clobetasol propionate cream.
- Global Pharma Healthcare recalls Artificial Tears Lubricant eye drops.
- Milestones in Cancer Research and Discovery
- OAI notice for Torrent Pharma Indrad facility
- Cancer Cachexia: Mankind Pharma’s association with Actimed Therapeutics