Stelis Pharma partners with Russia’s sovereign wealth fund to supply 200 million doses of Sputnik V for India
Stride Pharma’s subsidiary Stelis Biopharma has partnered with Russia’s sovereign wealth fund regarding Sputnik V production. This collaboration aims to produce and supply over 200 million doses of the COVID – 19 vaccines for India. Strides Pharma Science made this announcement on 19 March 2021. 
The agreement between RDIF and Stelis Biopharma was reached under the aegis of Enso Healthcare LLP ( part of the Enso Group ). Enso Healthcare LLP is RDIF’s coordination partner for sourcing Sputnik V vaccines in India.
About Sputnik V
Sputnik V was developed by Russia’s Gamaleya Institute and was the first vaccine registered against novel coronavirus. A study in Lancet claimed that this vaccine was 91.6 % efficacious against COVID – 19 infection. RDIF has also stated that this vaccine has been approved for use in over 50 countries. Also read Gland Pharma agreement with RDIF for Sputnik V.
The founder of Strides Group expressed immense pleasure over this partnership. He further stated the company’s intention to make a substantial contribution to ensuring this vaccine’s global supply. Apart from this, he stated that the company would also strive to work together with RDIF to increase the vaccine’s bioavailability.
- What are the features and objectives of DPCO?National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority is popularly known as NPPA. It is an organization (of G.O.I.) …
- Takeda Pharma’s dengue vaccine candidateTakeda Pharma begins regulatory submissions for its dengue vaccine candidate to EMA : Japan’s Takeda …
- Mankind Pharma launchES ‘Health OK’ tabletsMankind Pharma expands its OTC portfolio by launching ‘Health OK’ tablets : Mankind Pharma has …
- Zydus and Alembic initiate a recall of 2 drugs in the USZydus Cadila and Alembic Pharma initiate a nationwide recall of 2 drugs in the US …
- Why Indian Pharma investing in IndoHealth Services?Sun Pharma and Cadila, along with two other pharma firms, invest around Rs. 40 crore …
- USFDA approves antifungal cream of AleorAleor Dermaceuticals, a joint venture of Alembic Pharma gets the USFDA approval for its generic …
The CEO of RDIF believes that the significant volumes of vaccines produced jointly with Stelis will be beneficial to the mass. This move is expected to widen access to the vaccine on a global scale.
At the beginning of the third week of March 2021, Gland Pharma Ltd signed a deal with RDIF to produce over 252 million doses of Sputnik V. This production will take place at the Hyderabad facility of the company. Gland Pharma is the Indian unit of China’s Fosun Pharma.
In 2020, Dr. Reddy’s joined hands with RDIF to conduct the Sputnik V vaccine’s clinical trials. DRL also did this for its distribution rights of the vaccine in India. The pharma giant had also initiated emergency use authorization of Sputnik V with DCGI in February 2021.
Hetero Drugs Limited has also agreed to produce over 100 million doses of Sputnik V vaccine in India.
- 1. Russian Direct Investment Fund
- 2. Limited liability partnership
- 3. Chief Executive Officer
- 4. Drugs Controller General of India