Abbott Laboratories is one of the largest providers and manufacturers of medical devices and healthcare products. It has its headquarter in Abbott Park, Illinois, USA. Abbott Laboratories, a subsidiary of Abbott Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is a leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. This company is a pioneer in the research and development of new products and services for the health and well-being of people worldwide. (logo rights reserved with Abbot Laboratories)
Board of Directors:
- Munir Shaikh – Chairman
- Anil Joseph – Managing Director
- Anisha Motwani – Independent Director
- Sudarshan Jain – Independent Director
- Shalini Kamath – Independent Director
- Ambati Venu – Non-Executive Director
- Kaiyomarz Marfatia – Non-Executive Director
- Rajiv Sonalker – Whole-time Director
Abbott offers formulations in various therapeutic areas, such as neuro-Psychiatric, pain management, respiratory women health, hepatic, neuroscience, metabolic, vaccine, gen-next, consumer care, and gastroenterology.
The brands associated with the company are Similac, Pediasure, Pedialyte, Elecare, zone perfect, Ensure, FreeStyle Libre, and Glucerna.
In 2019, the worldwide sales of the company were $31.9B, with organic sales growth 33%. The adjusted earnings per share per growth was 12.5%. Abbott India Ltd. key Products/Revenue Segments include Injectables which contributed 40.97 % of Total Sales, Tablets which contributed 38.64 % of Total Sales, Liquids which contributed 13.93 % of Total Sales, Capsules which added 3.54 % of Total Sales, Service Income which added 0.59 % of Total Sales, and Ointments which added 0.43 % of Total Sales. It reported a standalone revenue of $1.1 billion, or $0.01 per share (quarter ended March 31, 2020). Revenue of about $2.2 billion is reported for the first quarter of 2019.
Incorporates in the Year:
- Abbott has been awarded the Shingo Prize for operational excellence.
- The company was named among the top 10 businesses on Fast Company’s list.
- National Association for Female executive has named Abbott as the top company for executive women.
- Listed as number 158 on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world’s largest companies based on revenues.
16th Floor, Godrej BKC,
Plot – C, “G” Block,
Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051
Tel: +91-22-5046 1000 / 2000
Fax: +91-22-5016 9400