The Department of Pharmacy in Tripura University (A Central University), Suryamaninagar was established in the year 2011 with the goal of imparting postgraduate education and research training in pharmaceutical sciences for the first time in the state of Tripura.
The primary objective of the Department of Pharmacy is to develop programs relevant to current global standards to meet the challenges of pharmaceutical industry. The Department of Pharmacy also endeavors for excellence in drug discovery research projects to develop novel therapeutics for contemporary health problems.
The department offers Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm., a four-semester full time program) in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Ph.D degrees in various disciplines of pharmaceutical sciences. The M.Pharm program of the department has been affiliated with Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), New Delhi and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
These programs amalgamate advanced theoretical knowledge with independent research training in the field of drug discovery and pharmaceutical chemistry under the supervision of experienced faculty members. Courses in our curriculum emphasize on promoting discovery of newer therapeutic molecules with better efficacy and safety profile. The candidates receive basic and advance knowledge in the areas of pharmaceutical chemistry, phytopharmaceuticals, nanopharmaceuticals, modern analytical techniques and structure-based drug design research. Therefore, our program enables our students to strive for higher professional achievements in pharmaceutical industry, entrepreneurship as well as academic sector.
- Address of the college: SURYAMANINAGAR
- Mobile –91 381 237 4801, 0381 237 9237
- Email – email@example.com
- Courses provided: D.Pharm,B.Pharm
- Sanctioned intake of students–
- Chairman- Vice- Chancellor- Prof. Ganga Prasad Prasain
- Name of the Principal: – HOD- Dr. Pratap Chandra Acharya
- Course Fees:
- Placement details and highlights: The vision of the college is to produce competent pharmacists full filling the future needs of Society, Industry, Academics, and Research. The college is having a highly accomplished faculty from industry and academics. The college is having UG programs in Pharmaceutical Sciences. The college owns a Traning & Placement Cell at its campus for the better well-being of its students. The college gives so many facilities to its students like the laboratories are equipped with modern equipment and amenities to provide a practical touch in learning for its students.
- Approvals: AICTE & PCI
Why should a prospective student select this Institute?
Infrastructure Facilities provided–
Labs, Library, Playground, Canteen, Transport, Computer Lab