|Category of Drug||Levocetirizine is Anallergics and Drugs used in Anaphylaxis|
|Mechanism of Action|
|Indications|| Levocetirizine is used for|
1. Allergic Rhinitis
2. Chronic urticaria
|Available dosage forms|| 1. TABLETS|
2. End-stage renal disease with creatinine clearance < 10 ml/min.
3. Not recommended for lactating mothers or
children below 6 months.
|Precautions|| 1. May impair the ability to drive or operate|
2. Concurrent use of alcohol or CNS depressant drugs should be avoided,
|Adverse Effects|| 1. Somnolence|
3. Dry mouth
4. Nasopharyngitis has been reported in adults.
7. Epistaxis and diarrhoea may
occur in children <12 years.