Zydus and TLC sign a pact to commercialize AmphoTLC in India
Zydus Cadila and Taiwan-based pharma firm TLC have signed a pact to market Liposomal Amphotericin B (AmphoTLC) in India. This news was disclosed on 26 May 2021. 1
The companies have decided to commercialize AmphoTLC (Amphotericin B Liposome for Injection 500 mg) in India. This drug is predominantly used to treat mucormycosis (black fungus).
Per the agreement, TLC will manufacture and supply AmphoTLC on a non-exclusive basis to Zydus. It will then be commercialized in India by Zydus.
Cadila Healthcare hopes to supply this critical drug to tackle the life-threatening infection in India. TLC’s president has also revealed that the first batch of AmphoTLC will be made available very soon.
Zydus also stated that the CDSCO had approved the NDA of TLC for Amphotericin B Liposome for Injection 50 mg. It has granted permission for immediate importation as per the approved usage and indication.
Mucormycosis, also known as Black Fungus, is a serious fungal infection rapidly rising in India. COVID-19 associated mucormycosis is life-threatening and hence demands immediate treatment.
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride – Zydus Cadila
- Zydus Cadila: Popular Brands, Composition, and Pack Details
- Cadila settles litigation with Celgene over Revlimid
Liposomal Amphotericin B injection or AmphoTLC is used to treat severe systemic fungal infections including mucormycosis.
About mucormycosis: Mucormycosis is a serious but rare fungal infection caused by a group of molds called mucormycetes. Mucormycosis mainly affects people who have health problems or take medicines that lower the body’s immune power.
- 1. Central Drugs Standard Control Organization
- 2. New Drug Application
- Pharma News – 23.01.2023 to 29.01.2023
- Lupin issues nationwide recall of Clobetasol propionate cream.
- Global Pharma Healthcare recalls Artificial Tears Lubricant eye drops.
- Milestones in Cancer Research and Discovery
- OAI notice for Torrent Pharma Indrad facility
- Cancer Cachexia: Mankind Pharma’s association with Actimed Therapeutics
- Aculys Pharma and Four H Research Collaboration
- Pharma News Weekly Update (Week 1-Dec’22)
- Pharma News August 2021
- Monthly Update- pharma News July 2021
- Moderna collaborates with Thermo Fischer Scientific
- Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab: EUA in India
- JB Chemicals launches NOSMOK nicotine lozenges
- 2-DG: anti-COVID-19 by the INMAS
- GSK and Vir Biotechnology plan to launch Sotrovimab